13 bean soup mix chaat recipe - 13 bean soup mix chundal- healthy snack recipes
My regular readers must have already guessed that this (that is the 13 beans soup mix) was the next thing I got from my mustafa shopping few days back. As I mentioned before, that we have been trying to reduce carbs from our diet especially during dinners. So we have been using quinoa, millet varieties,oats etc regularly. So along with this , I also make a salad everyday, sometimes with avacados, other vegetables or sometimes even fruit salads. I make salad with chick peas or black eyed beans or sometimes it is just a cup of plain dal. So for dinner one night I made a sundal or a salad with the 13 bean soup mix. It was delicious and I realised the mealtimes becomes more fun when we try using newer and healthier ingredients ( with lower calories too).It doesn't feel like you have been deprived of your full fledged meal because its quite delicious and filling too!!
- Wash and soak the beans in water overnight.
- Grind the coconut, coriander leaves and green chillies to a paste.
- Drain the water.
- Cook in a pressure cooker till soft.
- Drain the water from the cooked beans completely.
- Place the beans in a pan.
- Add salt along with the ground paste (coconut mixture)
- Stir till the mixture is well combined.
- Remove from flame.
- Add the chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Squeeze some lemon juice if you prefer.
- Mix well.
- Serve with more onions on top.(see notes)
- 1. If you do not have the ready mix of the beans, just combine all the pulses and beans you have.(for example tuvar dal (split and whole), masoor dal( split and whole), moong dal, green moond, red beans, rajma(different varieties), black eyed beans, butter beans,soya etc
- 2. If you dont want lemon juice , you can also drizzle some sweetened tamarind water (imli ka chutney) on the top.
- 3. You can also add some sev, mixture etc on the top before serving.