Aloo ki roti recipe- potato flatbread- Indian bread recipes
My family loves parathas and I make atleast two to three different kinds every week. I saw this recipe in a cookbook, my sister had given me a couple of years ago. I make stuffed potato parathas usually and this recipe needed incorporating the potatoes in the dough itself. It was soft and delicious. Its easy to make too and a less messy too!!I hope you try and enjoy this one!
Please click for Stuffed aloo paratha recipe.
- Cook the peeled potato in a pressure cooker till soft. Mash it well.
- Combine all the ingredients(except oil) in a big bowl.
- Mix everything well together.
- Add water little by little to the mixture and knead it into a dough.
- Add oil to make the dough nonsticky and smooth.
- Pinch lemon sized balls of the dough.
- Roll the ball into a circle, thickness as that of normal parathas.
- Heat a tava.
- Place the circle on the hot tava.
- When it is slightly cooked, brush some ghee on the parathas.
- Allow it to cook till you see brown spots on one side.
- Flip and cook on the other side similarly.
- Serve immediately with some dal, raitha or any side dish/gravy.
Notes-You can even fry them into pooris.