Arisi pal payasam-- Indian Rice pudding- Payasam varieties
This is the first time I am joining the blogging marathon initiated by Srivalli. Posting everyday for a month was not possible for me, but the seven day thing sounded good and along with the theme made it even more interesting. Probably,the south Indian in me made me choose rice of all the given options and I will be posting rice based recipes for the next seven days. I do hope to come up with some good recipes and hence I decided to give a start with the popular payasam/kheer made with rice.I have already posted another version of the payasam here and mentioned that there are various ways people make this payasam.So now here goes the recipe.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add the nuts and roast till it is golden brown. Place them aside.
- Boil the milk.
- Add the rice in the same ghee,roast the rice for 2 minutes in low flame.
- Now pour the boiled milk. Take care the milk does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the sugar.
- Keep stirring in medium flame till the rice is cooked and the quantity of milk is reduced to half.
- Now add the cardamom powder and nuts. Mix well. Remove from flame.
It may thicken a lot with time.
Add warm milk if you find it too thick.
Serve hot or cold.