Everything has been slightly dull for the past few days as we all were falling sick one by one. It was really crazy looking after myself as well as the kids . I have not been cooking anything great. Naturally blogging took a backseat though I have been wanting to post a few recipes in my drafts.
Coming to the recipe, rice varieties are a savior for many days when You dont feel like cooking anything elaborate, yet you feel that you have cooked something worthwhile as most of the the nutrients goes into this one pot dish. its easy to feed the kids too. As well as goes well with some curds, pickle and papads!!
Slightly adapted from Raks kitchen
Baby corn rice recipe- Rice varieties
1. Wash the rice properly. Add turmeric powder and salt. Add around 2 cups of water. Cook the rice.
2. Grind the coconut, cumin seeds,coriander leaves, bayleaf,cloves ,cardamom,ginger ,garlic and green chillies to a smooth paste.
3. Chop the baby corn to small discs.
4. Heat a pan. Add oil. Add the onion and saute till it turns translucent. Add the babycorn and saute till they turn golden brown and crisp.
6. Add coriander powder and garam masala. Mix and saute till the gravy thickens.
7. Add the salt as required.
7. Add the cooked rice and mix gently till everything is well combined.
8. Serve warm with some raitha.