Besan puri ladoo recipe- besan ladoo made differently- step by step pictures
Besan ladoo is usually made by roasting the gram flour or besan for sometime and then mixing with sugar syrup. But this method of preparation is totally different and I learned to make this from a Maharashtrian friend of mine. I am not usually too fond of besan ladoo, but when made this way , it tastes really good and different and I have noticed that even people who hate sweets in general simply fall in love with this one.
I made this for diwali. I was not too keen in making lot of sweets this year,thanks to the increasing waist lines. But after making this one and discussions with friends(like what they made and sharing recipes), the diwali fervour has set in and now I am in a mood to try some more sweets and savouries. Why not? After all, Diwali just comes once a year. Isn't it?
Hope you enjoy making this one and I am sure the step by step pictures will be quite useful.
- Make a dough with the gram flour adding some water and some oil.
- Make small balls of the dough and then roll each ball into a circle. Appy some oil on the surface before rolling them, this will prevent them from tearing.
- Now deep fry the circles or puris in oil or ghee till they are golden brown.
- Tear the puris to small pieces.
- Use a blender to grind the pieces to a coarse powder.
- Now make the sugar syrup. Add the sugar along with 3/4the cup water and keep stirring in medium flame. Stir till it turns sticky and then till you get a one string consistency.(I forgot to take pictures while making the sugar syrup)
- Roast some cashews in ghee and add to the ground powder. Add the sugar syrup as required. Combine everything together and keep mixing with you fingers till it absorbs the syrup. See if you able to make it into a ball , if not add some more syrup. The ground flour at this point should be little moist , but not sticky.
- Now roll them into small balls or ladoos.
- Want one??
1.Diwali contest 2009' by Priya of Priya'feast
Have a safe and wonderful Diwali. Enjoy!!!