Bisi bela bhaat recipe (BBB)- Karnataka special
A popular cuisine of Karnataka, basically a sambar rice variety is a complete meal in itself. I love this delicious rice and make it very frequently. You can serve this with curds or raita and papads. If you start browsing,you will find different versions of making this rice variety. This is how I make.
Use MTR bisi bella masala or you can even make it yourself.
- Heat half a teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add tuvar dal,chana dal,coriander seeds,cinnamon,pepper,cloves and coconut. Saute for sometime. Keep it aside. Grind everything together. (if using coconut)
- Soak rice and dal for sometime. Drain the water.
- Heat rest of the oil in a pressure cooker. Add mustard seeds,cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Then add the onions and saute till they are translucent.
- Then add the cut vegetables and tamarind water followed by turmeric powder and salt. Cook for sometime.
- Then add the ground powder or the readymade masala.
- Then add the soaked rice and dal. Add salt. Mix everything properly and cook in the pressure cooker adding water as per requirement. The rice should be mushy(well cooked) and not too dry.
- Serve hot with raitha and papad.