I had bought a broccoli after a long time. My son loves it.Though I always add them in some mixed curry, I was searching for some new recipe and I found it here. I just loved the Indianized broccoli recipe and made it right away. It tasted so wonderful and I do look forward to make it again.
Recipe source-Show me the curry.
Broccoli besan subji/stir fry
1.Cut the broccoli into bite sized florets. Discard the stock. Wash the florets well and dry it completely.
2.Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, garlic,green chillies and asafoetida.Stir for few seconds.Then add the broccoli and mix well. Cover and cook for 4 minutes. Sprinkle little salt. Cover and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
3. Meanwhile in a bowl, combine besan, turmeric powder, red chilly powder,amchur powder,coriander powder ,cumin powder , garam masala and little salt.
4. Add a tbsp of oil and mix everything together so that it resembles bread crumbs.
5. Sprinkle this mixture on the broccoli so that each floret is coated well with it. Do not mix.
6. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Now remove the cover.Sprinkle some water on it. Mix and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
8. Sprinkle some lemon juice before serving if you prefer.
9. Serve hot with chapatis.