Broccoli besan subji/stir fry
I had bought a broccoli after a long time. My son loves it.Though I always add them in some mixed curry, I was searching for some new recipe and I found it here. I just loved the Indianized broccoli recipe and made it right away. It tasted so wonderful and I do look forward to make it again.
Recipe source-Show me the curry.
- 1.Cut the broccoli into bite sized florets. Discard the stock. Wash the florets well and dry it completely.
- 2.Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, garlic,green chillies and asafoetida.Stir for few seconds.Then add the broccoli and mix well. Cover and cook for 4 minutes. Sprinkle little salt. Cover and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile in a bowl, combine besan, turmeric powder, red chilly powder,amchur powder,coriander powder ,cumin powder , garam masala and little salt.
- 4. Add a tbsp of oil and mix everything together so that it resembles bread crumbs.
- 5. Sprinkle this mixture on the broccoli so that each floret is coated well with it. Do not mix.
- 6. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 7. Now remove the cover.Sprinkle some water on it. Mix and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- 8. Sprinkle some lemon juice before serving if you prefer.
- 9. Serve hot with chapatis.