I do buy broccoli quite frequently, not because its a favourite at home. But as its quite healthy and we get really good fresh ones here that I am quite tempted to buy it everytime. Then I do wonder how to use it and mostly end up using it in a mix vegetable curry. Sometimes I make broccoli Manchurian or bake them in the oven with some spices coated on it or simply add them in some dal.
Nowadays I try making stuffed parathas many times as its one way to sneak the vegetables into the kids food. So this time I decided to use broccoli in my parathas. I make cauliflower parathas quite regularly. I just add some grated cauliflower in the atta along with some spices. I thought of doing broccoli the same way. But due to the pungent smell and taste of it, I cooked it slightly and spiced it up and then added it to the atta. It was really good and I felt this is the best way of eating your broccoli. Its going to be regular at my place now.
- Cut the broccoli florets into more tiny bits.
- Combine the florets and green chillies. Add little water and grind into a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the ground paste followed by salt, turmeric powder and fennel seeds.
- Mix well and sauté for around 4-5 minutes till the mixture is cooked slightly.
- Combine the atta and the prepared paste. Mix well and knead it to a dough using little water.
- Add oil and knead it to a non sticky and firm dough.
- Roll it into a circle with a rolling pin.
- You can rub some flour while rolling it.
- Heat a tava.
- Place the rolled circle on the hot tava.
- When cooked slightly on one side, flip on the other side.
- Brush some ghee on both sides.
- Cook on both sides till brown spots appear on them.
- Serve hot with some dal or pickle or curd.