Chocolate bundt cake
It has been busy and tiring for us for the last two weeks .We all feel sick one after the another and still recovering. Then we also have some guests. But then there had been no proper cooking or rather , it had just become a formal affair though I really wanted to cook some delicacies. Okay, by the end of three weeks, I had been dying to bake a cake as the kids among our guests will like it and several cake recipes came to my mind.
I had bought a bundt pan sometime ago after seeing it being used in several blogs which said that some cakes are baked at it best in a bundt pan. I have bookmarked a couple of recipes and had even bookmarked cinnamon chocolate cake at food Librarian.And when I saw it on Cakes and more the other day, I knew that this was it. I baked it yesterday and it came out really well. I loved the texture of the cake. We found the cake delicious.
- 1)For the buttermilk, I added a teaspoon of white vinegar in half cup of milk at room temperature and left it for 10 minutes. I then used the curdled milk.
- 2) The eggs I used were small , so I felt the need of adding some more judging the consistency of batter. But I guess 2 is enough.
- Grease the bundt pan with butter generously and sprinkle flour all over it properly. Add the butter,water,oil and cocoa powder in a medium sized saucepan. Bring it to a boil. Add the coffee granules and mix well.
- Combine the flour,sugar and salt. Pour the chocolate mixture into it. Now add in the buttermilk along with baking soda.
- Lightly beat the eggs and add it to the mixture along with the essence. Combine well together. Pour batter in the prepared pan. Bake at 180c for 30-35 minutes till a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the cake well in the pan itself for a couple of hours. Invert it on a plate.Slice and serve.