Chocolate cupcakes/muffins recipe from Joy of baking
I made this muffins for the children's day celeberation in my son's school last week. As he loves chocolate cakes, making muffins with chocolate was the only option for me though I wanted to try many other flavours which I have bookmarked since a long time. But thats really okay. Chocolate cakes are always delicious and even I cant resist eating them and they are gone before you know!!
For more muffin recipesclick here.
Recipe Courtesy- Joy of baking
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Place the muffin cases in the muffin pan.
- Combine the cocoa and hotwater and stir to form a smooth paste.Leave it aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat till smooth.
- Now add the flour and baking powder and mix to form a smooth uniform batter.
- Pour the cooled cocoa solution and mix well.
- Pour the batter in the prepared muffin cases till 2/3rd level.
- Bake at 180c for around 15-20 minutes. It should be springy to touch. Check the doneness with a skewer.
- Cool and serve.
- Frost with chocolate frosting if you wish.