Chocolate upside down nuts caramel cake
I have always loved this kind of cakes and have a quite a few of them in this space.This was one cake I wanted to make since a very long time.It was a bit different as I have always made fresh fruit upside down cakes. But nuts with caramel sounded so good. Also chocolate cake is a favourite at home especially my son's as he loves only chocolate cakes.
I made this for my hubby's birthday a couple of days back and I could not take a picture of a proper slice as we had already dug into it from all sides during the celebration. But it still looks delicious ..isn't it?
- Combine the ingredients under caramel topping in a small saucepan. Heat over a low flame till the sugar melts.Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Prepare the cake tin (20cm) by greasing it and lining it with a butter paper/baking paper. Pour the caramel syrup over this. Sprinkle the nuts evenly on the syrup and place this in a freezer until you prepare the cake batter.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Now add this dry flour mixture in the above mixture alternating with milk and melted chocolate.
- Mix the batter until it is uniform.Pour the batter in the prepared cake tin. Bake at 180c for 35 minutes.Let the cake cool completely. Turn it on a plate.
- Serve with icecream if you wish.