Coconut burfi with jaggery - Diwali recipes
Coconut burfi has always been my favourite since my childhood, the ones made with sugar actually.It was surely prepared for me during any festivals and I used to rightfully demand for it during any occasion also. Its ages now I had this sweet. I have also posted two versions of this sweet in my space.
I have seen the coconut burfis with jaggery in many blogs. I am not really sure I have ever had this.So I decided to give it a try. I made a small batch yesterday evening. It actually tasted nice , so I thought of posting it here.It was delicious and infact I was worried if it would be over before I manage to take some photos in the morning.But whatever said, the ones with sugar are the best according to me!! Try this for a change.
Recipe courtesy- Divine taste
- Ghee to grease on the plate
- Grind the grated coconut in a blender till it is finely ground.
- Combine with the jaggery.
- Heat a Kadai/pan(preferably a non stick one). Place the coconut jaggery mixture in it.
- The jaggery melts and stir to mix well with coconut. Add the cardamom powder.Keep stirring till the entire mixture comes together and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Remove from flame and spread it on a greased plate. Allow it to set, but still soft enough to cut them into your desired shape.
- Alternatively , you can even shape them into balls. Let the mixture cool down a little when you remove from flame. When the heat is bearable, shape them into balls.
Garnish with bits of cashews or almonds.