Corn fritters / makai ke pakode
This is a signature dish of a good friend of mine!!She has made this for several potlucks and get togethers and has always been a hit among our friends. I have brought corns many times to make this particular fritters, but it has always ended up in something else. But this time, I had reserved just one cob to make this fritters which made around eight pieces. But it tasted so good and I wish I had made more of them.
And before we go to the recipe here is small note on microwaved corn which is a instant snack for kids. I usually place the corn on microwave safe dish along with some water and microwave this at 100% for 4-5 minutes until the kernels becomes soft. Then rub some salt and lemon juice over this and serve it whole. My kid loves this!!
- Red chilly powder- 1tsp (only if you feel the heat of green chillies is insufficient for your taste buds)
- Garam masala- 1tsp(optional)
- Cinnamon clove powder- 1/2tsp(optional)
- Oil for deep frying
- Coriander leaves- 1tbsp (finely chopped)
- Grate the corn. Then add the besan or chick pea flour. ( When you grate the corn, there is lot of water present in it, so add equal amount of the chick pea flour so that you obtain a semi solid paste.) Now add the ginger garlic paste, spice powders(whichever you prefer to add according to your taste) and salt. Last add the coriander leaves and mix well. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is very hot, pick a small blob of batter with your fingers and place it in the oil slowly. Deep fry them till they turn a golden brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney or just tomato ketchup.