Dangar/daangar pachadi - side dish for rice varieties
I had got the udid dal flour to make some thenkuzhals when my grandmom was here.Hence had a huge amount of it remaining and thats when my grandmom made this pachadi and we all loved it with bisibele rice. I had taken the recipe then. I have made it number of times by now and is nice change from the usual pachadis/raitas. Its quite popular in the Tirunelveli region and I was quite intrigued by the name of this dish. I made it again last weekend and decided to blog the recipe.
- Toast the flour till it gets slightly golden brown and has a typical aroma .Take the toasted flour in another serving vessel. Add salt to this.
- Now for the seasoning, heat oil in the pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chillies and asafoetida. When done, add it to the flour.
- Now add the beaten curds to this mixing well to prevent formation of lumps.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with any rice variety along with appalams.