Dried cranberries thokku- Instant pickle recipes
I have already mentioned , I like instant pickles in this post. It requires less oil comparitively, gets over soon and a scope for trying out newer ones!!isn't it?
So one of these I made this instant ones with cranberries. I wish we get fresh cranberries here. But I have not seen them yet in Singapore. So I used the dried ones. You can try with the fresh ones too if you get them at your place.
I had them with rotis along with the other sidedishes. It was tangy and delicious!!
- Soak the cranberries in water for an hour till it softens.
- Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.When it crackles, add the paste.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chilly powder and salt.
- Mix well. Keep stirring in between till it forms a thick paste.
Serve along with other side dishes for rotis and rice.