I made this couple of week back when I had bought some arbi. I usually make it in the
south indian style . But this time as I wanted it for chapatis, I tried it this way. I almost used the same recipe which I had used to make dum aloo, but with a slight variation. It tasted delicious.
Few more arbi recipes in this blog-
. Arbi ajwaini
2. Seppangkizhangu/arbi roast.
Also check out-
1. Dum aloo
2. Adhraki dum aloo
Dum arvi/arbi recipe - sidedish for chapatis
1.Soak the cashews in hot water for around 20 minutes. Grind and make paste ot it.
2. Cook the arbi till soft in hot water.Alternatively, you can also pressure cook till soft, but not mushy.
peel the skin and flatten it with your palms.
3. Heat a kadai.Drizzle some oil on it. When it is sufficiently hot, place thearvi on it. Cook on both sides till golden brown. Keep them aside till further use.
4. In the same kadai, Add the chopped onions and ginger garlic green chilly paste and the mint leaves. Saute for a couple of minutes.
5. Add the tomato puree Along with all the spice powders. Mix well and allow it to cook well for around 5-6 minutes.Add the cashew paste and mix well.
6. Add the arbi in the gravy along with some curd. Mix well. Cook for a few more seconds. Remove from flame.
Serve hot with some hot chapatis.
Notes- You can use store bought tomato puree. I made at home by placing the tomatoes in hot water for around 2-3 minutes. Cool. Remove the skin and grind it to a paste.