Easy and healthy M & M cookies recipe - Baking for kids
Making this cookies was in my to do list for almost a couple of years now. I first saw the recipe in a cookie book I got from the library and had noted it down to try this sometime. But never quite made them. Then the other day, I saw my kids happily munching on these cookies which we got from the stores. The colourful gems on the cookies really makes them so attractive. The very moment I decided to try it at home really soon.
Now using healthy ingredients was the next thing for me. So I decided to use whole wheat flour along with some oats. I wanted to use less butter and also make it eggless. I used a little yogurt. The resultant cookies were really delicious. They were a little soft and chewy with a mild crunchiness to it. My kids loved them.
I do want to try these kind of healthy cookies and do have some healthy ingredients in mind with less fat too. So I will be trying them and putting them here.
Until then click below for a list of healthy cookies below.
- Preheat oven to 170c.
- Line a baking sheet on a baking tray.
- Combine the butter and sugar and mix till it is creamy.
- Add the curd and mix well.
- Add the flour and oats along with baking soda and mix well with a spatula.
- Add the essence and mix.
- Now fold in the M&M's and gently mix.
- Make small lemon sized balls of the dough.Gently flatten it.
- You can gently press a few M&M's on the top of the cookie if you want.
- Place them on a baking sheet spread on a baking tray.
- Bake them at 160c for around 10 minutes.
- The top slightly starts turning brown.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool on a rack.
- They will harden as they cool.
- Store in a air tight container.
1. You can add in chocolate chips if you like.
2. Feel free to use maida instead of whole wheat flour and oats if you dont like the taste of it in bakes.