Bread baking is really addictive. Its joyful to watch the bread dough rise and baking bread at home gives you immense joy and satisfaction. Though I dont find time to bake on a regular basis, I do try to do it once in a while. Try baking breads at home and you will love it.
I had bookmarked the easy cinnamom rolls recipe from Sallys baking addiction long ago.It sounded so delicious and the recipe seemed to be easy too. But I wanted to do an eggless version though I dont mind the eggs in my bakes. So I found a eggless bread loaf recipe in wiki how. I used the same recipe to make the dough. It turned out really good and I have made this quite a few times now.I make it on the previous day and store it for the next day’s breakfast .
For the dough
- Corn starch or nonstick cooking spray (just to prevent the bread from sticking to the bowl or pan)
- Cinnamon-1 /12tbsp
- Melted butter -3tbsp
- Granulated Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Add the yeast in a bowl.
- Add a cup of warm water in the yeast and leave it for sometime.
- It will foam in next 5- 10 minutes
- Combine butter, milk, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Add this to the yeast mixture.
- Then add around 2 cups of flour to this mixture.
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Keep adding 1/4 cup of flour at a time and mix.
- The dough will be slightly sticky.
For the filling
Place the dough on a floured surface.
Knead it well for 4-5 minutes till you get a non sticky, smooth dough.
IngredientsIt should be spring back(elastic)
- Place the dough in a oily surface in a bowl.
- Cover and allow it to rise and double.
- This step will take 1 1/2 to 2 hours(even sooner)
- Meanwhile combine the cinnamon, sugar and butter to a smooth paste.
- When the dough doubles, punch the dough and knead it again for 3-4 minutes.
- Flatten it well with a rolling pin.
- Spread the cinnamon mixture generously over the flour.
- Roll up the dough tightly.
- Cut them into 8 -10 even sized pieces.
- Place them in your greased baking pan.
- Allow it to rise again for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180c for 15 minutes till done.
- It turns golden colour when done.
- When I made for the first time, I made in a circular baking pan. the pieces were thicker compared to the second time.
- The second time, I rolled the dough to a thinner circle and I made in the loaf pan. So you can see the difference in the pictures.
- You can also pour a glaze on the top before you serve the rolls after cooling.
The recipe for glaze-
1 cup Powdered sugar
1tsp Vanilla extract
2tbsp Milk/cream/strong coffee
- Mix well till smooth.
- Pour on the rolls before you serve.
Above picture is of the buns I made the first time!!