I had made this cake long ago when my hubby got two plump looking fresh plums.We love to have fresh fruits as it is. But this time I decided to use it to bake a cake. I have baked cake with plum before. It was a low fat and eggless recipe too and I had used atta in it. This time I decided to follow a different recipe which I found after a search in the net.
I have always loved fruits in my bakes. Let me tell you that plum cake usually means the ones made during christmas with lots of dry fruits and nuts soaked in alcohol. But this one is made using fresh plums and it really goes well during your tea time. Its healthy as I used a large proportion of whole wheat flour or atta. It does not have any ingredients of high calories and calls for a little oil or butter. It really tasted good and makes a good snack for your kids.
Recipe courtesy – veg recipes of india
Eggless fresh plum cake- easy and healthy baking recipes
Chop the plums into small pieces.
Grease and flour a cake tin.
Preheat the oven to 180c.
Combine the flours,Vanilla powder, cinnamon powder and baking powder.
Pour the oil or melted butter in it and mix gently.
Next add the chopped plums and nuts and fold gently in the batter.
Now in a small bowl, combine the milk and vinegar. Do not stir. Add the baking soda.The mixture becomes frothy. Add this quickly to the cake batter and stir gently.(did not take pic as this step has to be done quickly)
Pour the batter in the prepared cake tin.Bake at 180c for 35 minutes.
Check if the cake is done by inserting a knife or skewer in the center of the cake.
Allow the cake to cool well for 15-20 minutes.
Invert on a plate and slice.
Serve and store the rest in a airtight box.
1. You can use soya milk instead of dairy milk to make it vegan.
2. Add melted butter or oil.
3. You can use a mix of different nuts like cashews,almonds, pistachios and pecans.
4. You can use apple cider vinegar too.
5. As more of wheat flour/atta is used, the batter will be little sticky and pulls a little. You can add all purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour or more of all purpose flour and less of whole wheat flour too.