Ennai kathrikkai curry - South indian recipe
My mom used to make this when we were kids. But somehow this was actually forgotten and I haven't had this for years together. I always thought of making them whenever I buy the small brinjals and finally managed to make them during a weekend. We had it with some rice and tomato rasam. It was delicious!!
To roast and grind-
- Wash and dry the brinjal. Slit them from the bottom into four as shown in the picture above.
- Rub some oil on the brinjals. Keep aside
- Dry roast (the ingredients under to roast and grind) all the ingredients till they turn a golden brown. Grind them to a smooth powder.
- Fill in the powder in the slit brinjals thoroughly on all sides so that its well coated with powder.
- Heat oil in a pan(preferably a non stick one). Place the brinjals on the pan. Sprinkle salt and rest of the spice powder on them. Close the lid. After a few minutes, give it a stir so that the other side is below. Close the lid again. Repeat the process to ensure that it is cooked on all sides.
- Remove from flame when it is well cooked. This takes approximately 10-15 minutes.
Notes- I usually make it less spicy because of my son who doesn't eat spicy food. So make it more spicy if you prefer that way.