Glazed Lemon cake Recipe- easy cake baking recipes
I did not actually want to write a recipe for a cake in this post after already posting one in my previous post. But this one was so good and delicious that I could not resist myself from posting this one soon.Yes, believe me,this one was one of the best cakes I have baked till date. And the best part is
it is so easy and does not involve any complicated steps that even your kid can handle it. I swear, I allowed my 4 year old to help me. He has his school holidays now. Few days back, I saw champa's post on vanilla cake. She said that this was the easiest cake ever and how her friend's children helped her bake the cake. That sounded so cute and I decided to involve my son in making this one. He was so excited about it.I kept adding the ingredients in a big bowl which I placed on his small table in the kitchen while he kept stirring it with a whisk and thoroughly enjoyed the process. He actually remembered all the ingredients added to the cake when I asked him after the whole process was over. Later in the evening, he told his dad that he baked the cake today while his mummy helped him a little.
Okay, now for the cake. I took the basic recipe from Champa's easiest vanillla cake which I converted to lemon cake by adding the rind and juice of the lemon followed by a lemon glaze. As a result the cake was sweet and tangy. It was thoroughly enjoyed my everyone. The flavour and taste was just amazing. Infact, my hubby asked me to bake this one again.
- ( you can also add vanilla essence if you want)
- Beat the eggs well in a bowl.
- Mix in the sugar.
- Add the buttermilk and oil and thoroughly mix the liquid ingredients.
- Combine the flour, salt,baking soda and baking powder in a bowl and then add this in the wet mixture gradually stirring to form a uniform mixture.
- Fold in the lemon rind and juice.
- Pour the batter in a well greased and floured bundt cake pan. Bake this at 180c for 35 minutes till a skewer inserted in it comes out clean. Cool the cake well in the pan. Turn it on a plate.
- Mix the sugar and lemon juice till it becomes a smooth and spreadable. Poke small holes over the cake. Pour the glaze over it. Leave the cake for about an hour. Slice and serve.