Healthy Pizza- The easy way!!!
I have always wanted to make pizzas at home. And when I saw them in different blogs , cooking sites and Tv, I use to drool at the pictures and was more tempted to try it soon. I use to fall short of some ingredients or a proper recipe whenver I decided to make. But finally I used a recipe my friend suggested and the ingredients I saw in a cookery show and finally made pizza from scratch. It definitely tasted not only delicious, but is quite healthy too. I am surely going to make them again and it would be fun to try some new toppings too!!!
I would say, it is not soft as when made with all purpose flour.But as I substituted the flour with wheat flour, it was a bit crispy. Baking was not involved at all in this recipe. But next time, I am going to try other cooking options and other ingredients for the base as well as the toppings.
For the base
- Add the yeast in warm milk and keep it for 5 minutes till it froths. In a large bowl, add rest of the ingredients except oil. Now add the milk- yeast mixture and knead to a loose and smooth dough using the oil. Now leave it covered in th ebowl for 2 hours. It will rise to some extent.
- Then place the dough on floured surface and knead for a few more minutes. Make small balls with the dough. Roll each ball into a slightly thick circle( as that of paratha). Now grill the base for 2 minutes. Your base is ready.
For the base
Note- Its better to have a thin crusted base to ensure proper grilling.
For Pizza sauce
Tomato- 2 big
Onion- 1 big
Ginger garlic- 1tsp finely crushed
Red chilly powder- 1tsp
Salt to taste
Mixed herbs- 1tsp
For pizza sauce
Heat oil in a pan. Add the ginger garlic paste followed by the onions and saute till they appear translucent. Then add the chopped tomatoes( puree can be used). Add red chilly powder and salt. Cook for sometime till the tomatoes are completely cooked and you obtain a smooth paste. Add the mixed herbs and mix well.
For the topping
- Heat oil in a pan. Add all the ingredients with salt and saute till they become tender.
- Apply the pizza sauce on the base. Now add the prepared toppings including pineapple. Spread the grated cheese all over the toppings.
- Now place this on a pan on stove top. Cover with lid. Cook for around 5 minutes untill the cheese melts.
- Now your pizza is finally ready and serve it warm.