How to make Carrot halwa/pudding/gajar ka halwa -- with condensed milk-- Indian sweets and dessert recipe
Carrot halwa was one of the very first desserts I had learned to make from my mom. Her recipe was slightly different. I have made so many times by now that I have learned to perfect the recipe each time I make.I once made a huge quantity for a friends party and everyone loved it. Its a dessert with which you can impress your guests and its actually very easy to make as well. Its a little time consuming especially when it comes to grating the carrots, but its worth the time.
- Grate the carrots.
- Heat little ghee in pan.
- Roast the cashews till they are golden brown.
- Remove them and keep aside till use.
- Add the grated carrots in the same pan.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes in medium flame.
- Add the milk.
- Keep stirring till the carrots cook well and the milk is totally absorbed.
- Then add the sugar and condensed milk and keep stirring till it thickens.
- This will take around 30 minutes.
- Garnish with the cashews.
- You can serve it hot .
- You can also chill and serve with vanilla ice cream.