How to make Cherry crumb cake-- cake recipes
Its almost a week since I posted my last recipe. Last week was a busy and a happening week. My family from India is here and we are having loads of fun. So thats the reason for my absence from the blogosphere. I apologize for not visiting your blogs. My reader is over flowing with posts and I will certainly be visiting you all soon.
Meanwhile I also received a gift from Usha of veginspirations last week which added to my joy. Thanks a lot Usha for sending me the wonderful piece of jewellery.
I had bought these cherries sometime ago and made a cake especially for my sister who has come from India. She is a big fan of my cakes and wanted me to bake one for her.
I couldn't find time to take a picture of the sliced cake. But the cake was really spongy and tasted great. Everyone loved the crumb especially!!
- Buter- 1/4 cup or 3tbsp
- Cinnamom sugar- to Sprinkle on top
- Beat the sugar and butter well to form a Creamy mixture. Add eggs one at a time mixing well to form a fluffy mixture. Now Fold in the flour mixing to form a thick batter. Add the essence and mix well.
- Pour the batter in a greased cake tin. Now place the pitted cherries on the top.
- Mix the ingredients stated under the heading "crumb". Mix with the tip of your fingers to form a bread crumb like mixture.
- Sprinkle this crumb mixture on the top of the cake batter and cherries. Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on the top.
- Bake this at 180c for 45 minutes. The knife inserted in the center of the cake should come out clean and the crumb should be slightly golden in colour. Cool the cake. Now turn this on a plate and immediately turn it on another plate so that cherries and crumb is on the top.
- Cool the cake well before slicing.