I had made this rice some couple of days ago for lunch one day even before Diwali. I have not really been cooking anything different after Diwali because the sweets and savouries we gorged on during that time. But I will be certainly posting some interesting recipes soon maybe in a week or two. Till then do try making this. Its really delicious. We at home love paneer a lot, so I do add them in pulao which I make frequently. I had had this rice variety in a restaurant some time ago and loved it. I served with boondi raitha. Its a mildly spiced rice. So if you are fond of spicy food, this may not be a recipe for you.
- Cook the rice till soft cooked. The grains should be separate and not mushy.
- Marinate the paneer with turmeric powder,red chilly powder,coriander powder and salt.
- Roast on a pan with little oil till they turn golden brown.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds along with the spices.
- Add garlic. Saute till turns brown slightly.
- Add onion and sauté till it turns translucent.
- Add salt as required.
- Mix well.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Add the roasted paneer.
- Mix well.
Add the milk if you find it too dry and cook for another 4-5 minutes Remove from flame.
Serve with some dal and salad if you prefer.