How to make Pizza dough / base!!
The last time when I made pizza from scratch, it consumed a whole lot of my time. I started around 9 in the morning, and by the time it was ready it was almost 2 in the afternoon. It is not a tedious tiring process,infact doesnt take more than 30 minutes for the dough preperation , but the whole process of leavening and proofing takes up the time.
So this time, I actually made the pizza base the previous day itself. The next day, I just had to work on the toppings. Of course, it will be really nice if you make on the same day, top them with cheese and ingredients of your choice and bake them together. You could even make the dough in advance and use it when you make the pizza. So its your choice how you plan to do it.
The whole recipe and the method of preperation is slightly different from the previous one. Unlike last time when I grilled the base, this time I decided to bake it. I have used only maida , though a little unhealthy , its ok to have a authentic one instead of a substitute atleast sometime!!!! But if you are really too conscious about what you eat, you can refer to the previous recipe where I have used wheat flour. And as promised in my last post, I am posting a different version of pizza making. And am sure to post some more in my future posts. So I hope you look forward to my next post for the actual pizza!!
- Pour the water in a large bowl. Add the yeast cells to it. Leave it for 10 minutes till it froths/bubbles up. Add the sugar.
- Now add the flour along with salt and mix well to form a soft pliable dough. Coat the dough with the oil and place in a bowl . Wrap the bowl with a cling/plastic wrap. Leave this for 2 to 2 1/2 hours in a warm place.
- The dough will doubles in volume. Now punch the dough. Place the dough on floured surface and knead well for 4 to 5 mintes. Now the dough should smooth and non sticky.
- Make around 6 to 7 balls with the dough. Roll them into a uniformed surfaced circle( thickness similar to a paratha).Using a fork, poke on the circle for the steam to escape( when you bake). Leave this for around 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180c. When the dough rises a bit, bake them at 180c for around 10 minutes.