How to make restaurant style rich Paneer butter masala - Paneer recipes
As I have always said, paneer is an all time favourite. I love anything and everything made with paneer. I always think of making paneer at home, but end up buying a huge packet of frozen amul paneer whenever I visit the Indian stores. It is so convinient that way!!!But if you make at home, nothing better than that!!
My hubby had got really bored eating bread almost everyday during his one month official trip overseas and he wanted me to make something spicy and Indian. Thats when I made this and he simply loved it.
- Put the tomatoes in hot water for a minute and then peel of the skin. Blend to make a puree or use the readymade store bought tomato puree or paste.
- Soak the cashew in hot water or milk for 10 minutes. Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Grind the onion,ginger and garlic together to a smooth paste.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Now add the ground paste to it along with the tomato puree. Mix well.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chilly powder, cumin powder ,garam masala ,kasuri methi and coriander powder and salt .
- Saute and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cashew paste.
- Then add around half a glass of water to it if it is too thick.
- Add the paneer pieces.
- Cook for another 10 to 15 minutes till paneer mixes well and is coated well with the spices and gravy(masala).
- Add the cream. Mix well.
- Remove from flame in next 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot with rotis or even jeera rice.