Idli 65 recipe - leftover idli ideas- easy snack recipes
I have been cooking almost everyday without taking any breaks for the last couple of days. We are trying to have maximum of homemade and healthy food. The food has been really simple and quick. Though sometimes we do crave for some restaurant style, food which are high in fats and calories etc. But I have been trying to make it healthy, low fat and delicious too.
So I have baked the idlis here instead of deep frying them.The snack was delicious.
I am going to post such healthy and low fat recipes in my future posts. So do keep visiting.
- Please refer how to make idlis here
- Chop the idlis to small pieces.
- Add 2tbsp oil, red chilly powder and salt.
- Mix well. Place it on a well greased baking tray.
- Bake at 180c for 10-15 minutes.
- Flip the pieces and bake again on the other side for 10 minutes.
- Bake till it is slightly brown and crispy.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and curry leaves.
- Saute the onions till it browns slightly.
- Saute the tomatoes.
- Add coriander powder,garam masala and salt( a little)
- Cook till the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add the baked idli pieces and mix well. Add the tomato sauce and soya sauce. Mix well.
- Remove from flame after a few minutes.
- Serve hot.
- 1. You can deep fry the idli pieces if you wish.
- 2. Feel free to add spring onions and capsicum.