Kadalai parappu/channa dal payasam recipe- lentil coconut milk pudding
This is another favourite at my home ,recently made it as a prasad/offering for navratri. I love this payasam as this is bit different from the other payasam varieties. The taste is quite delicious and is different as we use jaggery and coconut mik. So here's the recipe.
- Cook the chana dal in pressure cooker till it becomes soft, but take care it does not get mashed.
- Heat half cup of water. Add jaggery. Cook till it dissolves.
- Then add the cooked channa dal and keep stirring till it mixes well for 10 minutes.
- Add the cardamom powder.
- Then add the coconut milk. Stir for another 3-4 minutes. Do not let it boil.
- Garnish with roasted cashews.
- Chill and serve. You can serve it hot too!