Karuveppilai thuvayal recipe - How to make curry leaves chutney!
I had never tasted this chutney before. My hubby has had it before and he asked me to make it as it is very tasty.I found the recipe in a few tamil cookbooks.This chutney has such a wonderful aroma. Even while making the chutney, the aroma was so tempting.
Do try this very flavourful and aromatic chutney! I am sure you will love it!!
- Remove the curry leaves from the stem.
- Wash them properly and pat dry them.
- Place the tamarind in a small cup(50-60ml) of hot water.
- Squeeze out the pulp and discard the rest.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the mustard seeds
- When it crackles,add udid dal and asafoetida.
- Add dried red chillies and whole pepper.
- Saute for a minute.
- Remove them on a plate.
- In the same pan, add some ginger.
- Saute and add the curry leaves.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes till it wilts and softens slightly.
- Allow it to cool.
- Add the tamarind pulp.
- Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Serve with rice,chapatis,idlis or dosais.
- Store in a container.
- You can refrigerate for around 1-2 weeks.