I love mangoes and am the only person who loves to have mangoes as it is at my place. My hubby and kid are not really interested in eating mangoes. Its not they don't like it or are allergic to it.My hubby says he has eaten so many mangoes before and has outgrown the mango craze , while my kid who has never tasted mangoes does not want to try something new.Weird, isn't it? But thats all right, I can have their share too!!I know I have raved about my love for mangoes before, can't help it you know, especially with the mango season going on. How can one not have mangoes when the season lasts only for a few months.Anyway I wanted them to have mangoes and decided to use them in my cooking. So I made this kesari with a mango. They do have a weakness for sweets and won't resist something like this. And yes, I was right. They loved it and my wish to feed them with mangoes was fulfilled!!
- Cut the mango and puree the pieces in a blender. Keep it aside.
- Boil the milk along with a cup of water.
- Now heat ghee in a pan. Add the cashews and raisins and fry till golden brown. Remove them and keep aside.
- In the same pan, roast the semolina for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Now add the boiled milk, mango puree, nuts and saffron.
- Keep stirring in low heat till the mixture thickens. Add more ghee for a richer taste during this stirring process.
- Serve hot.