It has been almost a week I posted my last recipe. Things have kept me really busy and sleep deprived. Now finally its the long weekend and also a month long vacations for the kids. Of course , it will be busier now,but the routine will be slightly different. So hoping to cook something different and do a bit of baking too.
Coming to the recipe today, I saw this here and decided to try it immediately. So after dropping my daughter to school, I started making it and it took a fairly long time. I was making this kind of recipe for the first time. I referred a lot of sites for more tips to make things better. I had no idea how the recipe was going to work for me , so I did not take step by step picture, but maybe I will update when I make it again. But do refer the tips in the notes.
It came out well and kids loved the tiny pink colour cookies.I did not get beautiful star shaped kisses/cookies as I shuld have got. Maybe next time.I also distributed them to a few friend’s kids. The kids loved them and kept asking me when I am going to bake some more again. So its going to be soon for sure.
Add a teaspoon of sugar at a time while you keep beating the mixture.
After all of the sugar is added, keep beating till stiff peaks form.
Beat at medium to high speed.
The mixture should be shiny and hold stiff peaks.
Add the food colour and gently fold the mix.
Insert a star nozzle in a piping bag.
Fill the bag with the mix.
Preheat the oven to 100c.
Line a baking tray with parchment or baking paper.
Pipe small star on the paper.
Bake this in the oven till the cookies are dry.
It will take around an hour. For mine it took 1 hour 15 minutes.
Remove from oven. (see notes)
Allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
Store in a air tight container.
1. Be sure to remove the eggs from the refrigerator atleast 30 minutes before you make them. the have to be room temperature when you make them.
2. When you beat and keep it open for a long time, the egg whites might turn dry. So take care .
3. The oven temperature must be kept at the lowest and this should be baked for more than a hour. It might take as long as 1.5 hours. You can switch off the oven and allow them to cool in the oven. This step with prevent cracks on them.
4. Stiff peaks is the stage when the mixture sticking to the beaters do not fall from it.
5. Instead of piping, you can even drop small rounds with a spoon too on the baking paper.
Hi!!I am the person behind this blog. This blog is primarily a collection of recipes I learnt to make in the past few years with the help of my family,friends and blogging world.I have a few recipes of my own too!! Its basically a collection of vegetarian recipes which are healthy and delicious. I am also exploring into using newer and healthy ingredients I come across in my daily life. I hope you enjoy browsing and do come back again!!