Methi pulao / fenugreek leaves rice recipe
This is one delicious and healthy rice recipe I have been making for years together and we all love it.It is mildly flavoured with whole spices and is so easy to prepare by just putting together all the ingredients together in a single pot and cooking up a delicious meal for a family.It goes very well with some raita or flavoured curd and some papad and chips.It can be made a little spicier with some green chillies, but we all prefer it mild.Try it and you will enjoy this healthy meal!!
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 10 minutes.
- Seperate the methi leaves from the stalk. Chop the leaves.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker pan. Add the cumin seeds.Now add the whole spices followed by groundnuts and sliced onions. Saute till the onions turns a little brown.
- Add the methi leaves . Saute till it wilts a little. Add the soaked rice and salt. Mix well.Add around 3 cups of water. Pressure cook till the rice is cooked.
- Open and mix it gently with a spoon to mix everything well taking care to keep the cooked rice grains seperate.
- Serve warm with chips and raita.