Molten chocolate cake recipe --step by step pictures
I dont bake a lot nowadays, but I have a huge list of bookmarked recipes waiting to be done someday. This one too, I had seen in some blog a couple of months ago . Finally ,when I got the time to bake this one , I had lost the link to the recipe and no amount of google search brought me to that particular recipe I wanted. Anyway, I found one quite similar to the one I had seen. I have always wanted to bake molten lava cakes and this is the first time I did so. We really enjoyed this one, little warm and just divine.I do have a few more similar kind of recipes in my mind And I hope to bake them one by one. Till that , try this one. Its easy- a good one for beginners too!!!
Recipe source- Pinch of yum
- Boil 2 cups of water. Grease the baking dish.
- In the baking dish itself, combine flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder. Stir until mixed.
- Add milk and oil.
- Mix until well combined and spread out.
- Add vanilla to hot water. Pour over the top of the batter and "do not mix".(dont worry about this step!)
- Bake at 350F /180c for 30 minutes.
- Cool it a little and serve.Its better to finish on the same day.But I reserved a little in a air tight box in refrigerator. It was good the next day too.
- You can make this ramekins also.
- Mix in a shallow dish first and pour the batter in the ramekins. Later add the hot water and bake for 15 minutes.
- If you wish ,you can sprinkle some brown sugar and chocolate chips on top before baking.