This is a nice healthy dish which is enjoyed by the kids as it is like any other chaat and equally by grown up as its healthy and tasty. I make this for breakfast or also when we are in mood for light dinner. It is low in calories too. You can also make this with moong sprouts. Some people make with raw moong sprouts too. But I love it this way. Do try this especially if you are on a diet and trying to reduce weight. It makes a delicious and filling dish too.
- Peel the potato. Cook in a pressure cooker or microwave till soft.
- Chop in small cubes.
- Soak the moong for around 2 hours.
- Cook in a pressure cooker till soft.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the ginger garlic paste.
- Saute for few seconds.
- Add the cooked moong.
- Add turmeric powder,red chilly powder and salt.
- Mix well and sauté for a few minutes till the mixture seems dry.
Distribute some portion of the cooked moong in 2-3 bowls in which you are going to serve.
You can also make this with moong sprouts. You can keep the sprouts raw or cook it also according to your liking.
You can be quite creative and add some boiled peanuts or chopped avacados etc.