Morkali / Morkoozhu recipe
Hello to all after an unannounced hiatus of almost two months though I had hinted in my last post about my trip to India.So that it was. And then it was a bit difficult to bring myself to blog as other things kept me very busy and finally I decided to do it today. I seem completely lost now and hope a few more posts after this will make me active again.
This traditional tamil recipe has been in my drafts for a long time. I had made this for breakfast few months ago after repeated requests from my hubby who is very fond of this dish. Its quite filling and actually quite tasty when had with some spicy side dish. I do want to try making this again sometime soon.
- Combine the flour with buttermilk and whisk it to a pourable consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds. Allow it to crackle. Then add the udid dal, channa dal and dried red chillies with a pinch of asafoetida.
- Then add the green chillies and curry leaves. Saute for a few seconds.
- Now add the rice flour -buttermilk mixture. Stir to mix well. Add the salt. Keep stirring to ensure that no lumps are formed and it forms into a thick mass. It takes around 10 minutes.
- You can serve as it is or place it on a greased plate. Level with a knife. Cut into squares and serve with coconut chutney or a side dish of your choice.