Nuts and dry fruits kheer recipes - easy dessert recipes
It was chitra visu yesterday and I hope you all had a great time . I had a busy but wonderful day though I did not cook an elaborate lunch like that of the previous year. We followed the usual ritual of seeing the vishukani the first thing in the morning and later had a simple lunch consisting of variety rice and a payasam.
I thought of making a payasam with nuts and dryfruits , something diferent from the usual ones .I used raisins and dates which I had at home, but you can use nuts and other dryfruits.
The almond /badam feast of MTR imparts a nice rich flavour to the payasam and I use this in almost all of my payasam recipes.
It was delicious, thats all I can say about the payasam.
- Sugar- 1 cup( can reduce if you add dates and other dryfruits)
- Cardamom powder-1tsp
- Mtr badam mix- 1tbsp (optional)
- Ghee- 1tbsp
- Notes- you can use other nuts like pistachios etc.
- Soak almonds in hot water for around 30 minutes. Drain the water.
- Remove the skin from the almonds. Grind the cashews and almonds to a coarse paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add the nuts and dry fruits. Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Boil the milk. Add sugar and keep stirring.Add the nuts paste and other dryfruits and cardamom powder and mtr badam mix if using. Keep stirring till the milk thickens well.
- Serve warm or chilled.
See other payasam /kheer recipes here.
Different payasams/kheer varieties