My kiddo loves chocolate cakes than any other flavored cakes. He has been asking me to bake them for a long time. As I hardly get time to do elaborate cooking and baking with two kids around , I kept on postponing it. After a search , I followed a simple Martha Stewart’s one bowl recipe. It was a simple one involving just a putting together of some ingredients in a single bowl and baking it. Less of work, less messy and a fool proof recipe and I made it with easily available ingredients. Also refer notes to follow the original recipe as I have modified the ingredients with those available with me. I am sure to make them again as my son loved it and its really easy!!
Recipe courtesy-Martha stewart(with little changes)
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Line the muffin cases in the muffin tin.
- Combine together the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder,sugar in a big mixing bowl. Add the eggs, yogurt, oil and warm water and mix really well for 3 minutes so that the mixture is smooth and uniform.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl to assure batter is well mixed.
- Pour the batter in the lined cases. Bake at 180c for 20 minutes and the cake is springy when touched.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool.
Use all purpose flour/maida with baking powder )3/4tsp) instead of self raising flour.
You can use buttermilk instead of curds.
- You can store the cake covered and refrigerated for 3 days.
- Decorate the cupcake as you wish.
Another last picture to show the softness and texture of the cake!!