Peach crumb cake-fruit cake recipes
A very Happy new year to all the readers of Creative Saga. As I have mentioned in my previous post, I am going to spend a quality time blogging this year and please do expect more from Creative Saga. I know I am a bit late in wishing you all for the new year,but other priorities have kept me quite busy and I am waiting for things to come into a proper routine.
Last year saw only a few posts in Creative Saga,less of baking and more of healthy recipes and also a good focus on traditional Indian and Tamil recipes. The Traditional Tirunelveli halwa and baafle were the most popular recipes of 2009' in Creative Saga . My first food event called "cooking with greens" was a good success which recieved around 150 entries. I also spend a considerable amount of time working on the look of the blog and won appreciations from few of them too. I hope to continue the same work this year too and also host a few more events which has been going on in my mind for a long time. I also want to concenterate on food photography which I have already started last year.
So lets start this year with a cake as baking has always remained my passion.
For the cake
For the crumb topping
- Beat the eggs and combine with sugar to form a fluffy mixture. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Then add the milk followed by oil. Combine everything well to form a uniform batter. Fold in the peach pieces just before adding it to the prepered well greased loose bottomed cake tin.
- Mix the ingredients of the crumb topping (except the peach) to form a coarse mixture(like that of the bread crumbs).
- Add the crumb topping on the top of the cake batter uniformly. Place the peach pieces on top of it evenly.
- Bake this in a preheated oven at 180c for 35 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool and loosen the cake from the cake tin. Slice and serve.