Peanut butter bars with strawberry jam and muesli!!
There are days, okay, its almost everyday when I get the urge to bake something. But then I refrain myself from baking thinking of the calories involved in it and after all who is going to consume all the bakes everyday!! But then there are some baking recipes which I keep bookmarking each day when I browse your lovely food blogs and then try them on a regular basis. I try to keep them more on the healthier side, and which involves less of fats and calories.
So one of these days, I had an unopened bottle of peanut butter and then this recipe which required only a few ingredients. So I made the base with slight modifications from the original one which is a vegan recipe. To make it more interesting , I also added some strawberry jam and some muesli on the top and made them into breakfast bars. We loved it and is a good option for snacking during the odd hours.
Recipe Courtesy- Bakin' Bitz (with some modifications.)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a small baking pan
- Mix peanut butter, oil, and sugar vigorously in mixing bowl with a spatula. Add vanilla & milk and mix well.
- Mix in flour, salt, and baking powder. You may knead it with your hands if it’s easier. It will hold together and not spread.
- Place in pan and pat to fit evenly. Now spread some strawberry jam on the surface. Sprinkle the muesli all over the jam.
- Bake for 25 minutes till you see the browning of the edges. I allowed it to bake for 5 more minutes. As a result, the texture was like that of a cookie, that is soft and had a slight crunch to it.
- Set on rack and let cool completely before attempting to cut and serve.They may crumble a lot while cutting, so give it ample time to set properly.