Pineapple upside down Cake
Making this kind of cake was in my mind for a long time. After a long gap, I set to bake a cake since I had all the ingredients and suddenly when I spotted a tray of freshly cut pineapple in my refrigerator, I decided it was going to be a Pineapple upside down cake. It came out great and tasted delicious too. I used the usual cake recipe I use for most of my cakes and it really works. The cake was just perfect and spongy and now I am more confident of the basic recipe.
- Grease your cake tin with butter or oil. Sprinkle a layer of sugar on the tin. Arrange the pineapple slices to fill up the tin.
- Now beat the eggs till frothy. Add the oil and milk. Mix well. Now combine the sugar and essence and mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients together and then mix it with wet ingredients mixture gradually. Now pour this batter gently into the cake tin containing the pineapple slices .
- Bake this in a preheated oven at 180c for about 35 minutes.
- Cool the cake for 5 minutes and loosen the edges and invert it on a wire rack.