After baking so many breads now, I feel quite confident of exploring into other aspects of bread making. Yes there is so much about breads. There are so many varieties of bread, the shapes and colours and incorporation of so many other ingredients to make them more better.
So I decided to start with pumpkin bread about which I read in many sites and wanted to try it. So I decided to add the ingredients of my choice along with pureed pumpkin to make this one. It really came out perfect and tasted good too, mildly sweet.
I really adore the shapes of bread. So I just tried braiding a small portion of dough and then placed it over the dough which was set in the loaf pan.
- Add the yeast in warm water(40c) and leave it for 10 minutes until it froths. In a bowl, add 3 cups flour, salt and sugar. Then add the yeast and mix. Then add cinnamon sugar,pumpkin puree and tutty fruity. Add the milk and mix to form a dough. Add the oil. Knead well and coat the surface of the dough with oil. The dough should be soft ,non sticky and elastic.(add more flour to the dough if it is too sticky.) Leave the dough in mixing bowl and rest for around 2 hours till it rises and doubles in volume.
- Punch the dough and place on a floured surface and knead it for 4 to 5 times. Set the dough on a loaf pan. Allow it to rise for 1 to 1.5 hours. Then brush the top of bread with melted butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180c for 30 minutes.
- Notes- For the pumkin puree- I cut the pumpkin in cubes and cooked it with little water and mashed it well after it became tender. You can use the commercial canned pumpkin puree too.
- (I just braided a small portion of dough and placed it on the loaf (just for fun) and sprinked it with pumkin seeds after brushing with butter on top, The braid looks beautiful after the dough rises.)
Have updated my craft blog with wall hanging made with felt cloth. Do have a look!!