Quick and Easy creamy and cheesy pasta for kids lunchbox - Mac and cheese recipe
Hope you all had a lovely Janmashtami (Lord Krishna's birthday)celebration. I also did in my small way especially for my kids who love this kind of celebrations and is a good way to share our culture with our kids. We sang a few bhajans. I also made little appams, mysore pak and rasagullas. I do not spend too much time in the kitchen as it gets a little painful if I stress myself a lot. So I made the mysore pak in the microwave in minutes. I will blog about it sometime. I will also blog about the appams as I tried to use an healthy ingredient in it. You all know(if you are regular reader) , I am trying to use more of wholegrains in my cooking nowadays. And the rasgullas was because I was too tempted to make them again.So I just made around 6-7 pieces and my kiddo loved them.I have made them before and with some tips, it does get better each time. I wont say that I make the best rasgullas and am sure they are going to be the best with more practice.
Now coming back to kids and their favourites ,the recipe for today is pasta .I am sure that all kids love it. My son loves it for sure!! I make this kind of pasta for his schools lunch box once in a while and he cant stop raving about it all day. This recipe is really easy to make and is not time consuming at all. You do not have to make the white sauce and all and can be made as a one pot dish, yet is very cheesy and creamy and tangy all enough to tickle your taste buds. I have already made this a couple of times for him and thought of sharing this as some of my friends asked me for the recipe for this one. In my upcoming posts, I will post more recipes for kids tiffinbox.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Or cook the pasta in boiling water till it is soft.
- Wash under cold running tap water so that they dont stick to each other.
- Drain the water completely and keep aside till use.
Melt the butter in a pan.
- Saute for a minute or two.
- Add the tomato.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook till the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- Mix in the tomato sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta.
- Mix well.
- Add the cheese followed by the milk.
Add any dried herbs if you prefer.(see notes)
Keep stirring and cook till the cheese melts and the mixture thickens slightly.
- Serve warm.
You can keep in your kids lunchbox.
1.You can also use store bought pasta sauce instead of tomato sauce.
2. You can use white or black pepper.
3. You can also use dried herbs such as oregano ,basil etc if your kids like the flavour.
4. Let their be some thick cheesy sauce when you keep in your kids box so that it does not get too dry till they eat.