Raagi laddoo /sweetened finger millet flour balls recipe
I am really sorry to have suddenly disappeared from the blogosphere for a very long time and that too unannounced. Some health issues in the beginning and then my laziness took over and I found it hard coming back to blog. Though let me tell you that I have been visiting your blogs whenever possible. I am sorry not to have replied to some of your mails regarding my absense, but I am really touched with your concern.
I have not been cooking anything great and even I have been , I was too busy to take pictures. But when my grandmother made this laddoos which I was meaning to do for a very long time, I took some pictures in a hurry atleast to post this healthy and delicious laddoos in this space. Readymade packets of the flour mixture is also available which my sister had send me some time ago from Bangalore. It consists of raagi flour, sugar, coconut and nuts. You just have to take the required amount of flour and add milk to bind them to laddoos.
But here we have avoided milk and used ghee for binding and also excluded coconut so that we could increase the shelf life of the product.
- Ghee- 2-3tbsp
- Notes- You can use more sugar if you want them sweeter. I use fine granulated pure cane sugar, so I find this quantity sufficient.
- You can use cashews with the other nuts.
- Heat a teaspoon of ghee in a pan. Add the chopped nuts and toast them till golden brown. Remove them and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the raagi flour and toast for around 10 minutes in low flame taking care not to burn it .
- Now add the sugar and mix well.Add the toasted nuts in the flour sugar mixture.
- Now melt rest of the ghee and add the hot ghee in the mixture. Mix well with your palm to ensure ghee mixes well with flour mixture
- .Gather some mixture with your palms and try to form a ball/laddoo with it.If it does not bind well, add some more hot ghee to it. Make small balls/laddoos with the remaining flour mixture.
- Store in air tight container at room temperature.
Made tiny balls for the kids for their evening snack