I had a packet of ragi and really did not know what to do with it though I had come across a few recipes. Making biscuits sounded good to me, but somehow I never managed to make nice cookies. They always became flat after ten minutes of baking. I never came to know the reason behind the failure.
But this time,it really came out good. I followed the exact recipe, just sprinkled a few drops of milk as it seemed to be a bit dry. A good winner recipe.
- Roast the ragi flour for 5 minutes. Take care that it does not burn.
- Then add powdered sugar, melted butter, cardamom powder ,baking powder and mix well to a dough.
- (cardamom gives a really good flavour to the biscuits. As soon as I added, I could smell the typical sweet smell coming from the Indian bakery shops)
- Make small balls from the dough. Flatten a little. Place them on a baking paper on a cookie tray.
- Bake them at 180c in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool them and store in a air tight container.