Rava Dosai - not the usual one!!
Remember me telling you sometime in december that I was not keeping a good health . Yes,I had had an eye inflammation and was unable to cook or do any of the chores. Thats when my kind neighbours came to my rescue!!! . During that time, one of my telegu friends made these dosas for our breakfast. It tasted really good and I asked her for the recipe.
She promptly gave me the recipe and since then, this has been a regular breakfast thing at my place. It doesn't involve a lot of preperation and is very easy to make. The recipe is slightly different from the usual rava dosai. Its not as crispy as they usually are, but are softer in texture.
- Mix rava, maida and rice flour with curd, mix well and leave it overnight.
- The next day, add salt and red chilly powder to the mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions, curry leaves , pepper, green chillies. Saute till the onions are golden brown. Add this to the mixture. Pour some water so that the batter is of a watery consistency.
- Now to make the dosas, heat a tava/girdle.
- This batter cannot be spread on the tava easily as in case of the normal dosas. So what you have to do is, first pour some batter in the form a ring and then pour some in the center of the ring and try spreading that into a circle.
- They are slightly thicker. It depends on the way you pour. With practice, the dosas turns to be more lacy and crispy!!
- Now cook on one side till it appears golden brown in colour.
- Pour some oil on the sides of the dosa. Now flip and cook on the other side too.
Serve hot with chutney , sambar, milagai podi or pickle.