Semiya payasam - richer and tastier...
This variety of payasam is my son's favourite and he calls it "noodles payasam". Maybe the word noodles itself is quite tempting for him that he never says no to this one atleast. I do not make payasams often, but when I make it , I spend lot of time making it. I add all kind of nuts and also add some badam powder mix which I have mentioned before to make it more richer in taste. I have always loved it. The method which I have mentioned below does not render the payasam very thick(when it cools). The consistency is just perfect. I made it for a get together last week and everyone loved it a lot. You can try adding condensed milk for a richer taste and flavour.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add the nuts and fry till they are golden brown. Remove them and keep them aside.
- Now add the semiya and fry till golden brown.
- Then add half a glass of water and allow it to cook.
- Meanwhile bring the milk to boil.
- Add the sugar and keep stirring till it dissolves.
- Then add the cooked semiya in the milk. Stir well.
- Add the fried nuts along with badam feast. Stir till the payasam thickens.
- That should take around 15 minutes.Serve hot or chilled.