Strawberry mini muffins
My kid loves strawberries and always picks them up when he comes to shopping with us. And baking something with strawberries was in my mind for sometime though I had something else in my mind about making it eggless and using flax seeds etc. I casually mentioned it to my son and he asked me to bake small muffins like the chocolate ones I had baked few days ago. Yes, he has started demanding different kinds of snacks nowadays as if he has just realised that his mom can cook!!!So not wanting to waste more time on deciding an eggless recipe and all, I went ahead with the basic recipes used for most of the cakes. They did turn out delicious and the kid especially loved the bite sized pieces a lot!!!
- Puree the strawberrries in a blender.
- Beat the butter and sugar well till fluffy.
- Add the egg and essence and mix well.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and add it slowly to the wet mixture mixing to a uniform batter without any lumps.
- Now fold in the strawbeery puree in the batter and mix well.
- Spoon in the batter in small muffin cases.Bake in a preheated oven at 180c for 15 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove them immediately. Do not overbake them.
- Allow them to cool well. You can pipe some cream on the top. It does makes it more delicious and attractive.