Thumbprint cookies- Jam filled cookies
I made this thumbprint cookies yesterday. They looked as well tasted great. They are called thumbprint because a dent is made on the dough before baking with a thumb to put the jam in. I got the recipe from here.
The cookies were also rolled on powdered nuts which also enhances the taste. I used almonds and cashews, but you can use hazelnuts or pecans, whatever you prefer. So here's how I made them.
- Roast the almonds and cashews on stovetop till they are brown. Grind it to a coarse powder.
- Beat sugar and butter till it is light and fluffy with a electric mixer. Then add the egg yolk and vanilla essence and beat further. Then add the flour and mix to form a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough into small balls.If you find the dough the loose, refrigerate for half an hour.
- Now beat the egg white till it is frothy. Dip the ball into the frothy egg mixture and then roll over the cashew almond powder. Make a indent with your thumb on the cookie ball. Fill it with your favourite jam.
- Now bake them on a cookie tray lined with baking paper in a preheated oven at 180c for 15 minutes. Cool on a metal rack.These cookies are on their way to the following events