Vanilla layer cake recipes
I am sure vanilla cake must be the favourite of majority of the people. As of me, I am personally fond of moist rich chocolate cakes without a frosting , but I really dont mind some dark chocolate ganache or even nutella on the top. But lately , I had made a lot of chocolate cakes so I thought of going ahead with a vanilla cake for a friend's birthday party last week. And of course with a lot of changes in the recipe as well as my cake baking schedules. I usually dont bake a lot nowadays, but I made atleast three cakes in the past two weeks.Another thing is I often use oil and milk and avoid butter in most of my cake recipes. But this time I went ahead with the butter and also more of sugar comparitively. Actually I followed the recipe from a cakebook called 500 cakes which I got from the library. I totally followed the recipe from top to bottom instead of trying some egg and fat substitutes. I tasted a small bit of the cake feeling a little guilty about the fats in it. But the cake was awesome and tasted so good and delicious. It really felt so nice and happy when people appreciated the cake.
Usually buttercream icing would taste good with the vanilla cake, but as I had some white chocoalte ganache left from my previous cake, I decided to use this. So its your choice of how you frost the cake.
- Beat the sugar and butter until soft and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well. Now add the flour gradually miuxing well at the same time. Add the essence. Mix well.
- Pour the batter in a well greased and floured cake tin of 8". Bake it in a preheated oven at 160c for 30 minutes. Turn the cake on wire rack and cool it completely.
- White chocolate ganache-
- Heat the cream on low flame till it becomes hot. Break the white chocolate in bits. Put the white chocolate in the hot cream. Keep stirring till the chocolate melts in the cream and forms a uniform mixture. Cool this and its better if you make this in advance and refrigerate it for 24 hours. It becomes thick and ideal for spreading it on the cake.
- Cut the cake from the center with a unserrated knife to two equal layers. Spread the white chocolate
- ganache on one layer and then spread a layer of jam on it. Place the another layer of cake on this.
- Now spread the chocolate ganache on the whole cake. Decorate it with sprinkles or tutty fruity /raisins mixture as I did.
I am sending this to the bake off event again.